Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Transformed schoolgirl wins Miss Australia Teen Model


Not only was she admitted into the TC Club at Brisbane's exclusive girls' school Stuartholme - that's the "Too Cool" Club - but she decided to try modelling.
"I have always been interested in fashion since I was a little girl," the new Miss Australia Teen Model said.

Geo made her big "life" decision while mucking out her beloved horse's stable - Hilltop Mikessa had the horse flu.

"When I got my horse I lost weight," Geo said. "I started working out and watching what I was eating and the weight just dropped off."

She entered the contest at the last minute after a friend in the fashion industry called.

It was her first modelling attempt.

"I was really confident until the other girls came in," Geo said.

"They seemed more experienced and they knew exactly what they were doing. They got in and helped me, showed me how to walk, pose for photos and how to talk."

The "Geo" of old - circa Year Eight - always stood out.

She was six feet tall, 90kg, and always sported brightly coloured hair.

A bright pink fringe with a shaved head at the back stands out at Stuartholme School.

"Since I was a little girl, from about eight, I always had my hair cut and coloured," Geo said.

She started "working" at the Brisbane hair salon Tognini's when she was eight, sweeping and asking people if they wanted coffee while her mum had her hair done.

And Benny Tognini still supports her. In the contest, she was the only girl covered from head to foot in the sportswear section: she wore a full equestrian outfit.

At schoolies, someone threw her $300 designer shoe over the balcony and it fell 21 storeys where the security guard caught it - and it was so distinctive, he remembered who it belonged to.

Source: Queensland Newspapers

No comments: